This interactive session will cover all things digital, offering up hints and tips on how to grow your network and expand your profile online. Topics to be covered include:
- Easy steps to make yourself more visible.
- The benefits of academic networking.
- The pros and cons of ‘being found’.
- How and why to start a blog (and several reasons not to…)
- The murky world of social media.
There will also be space for questions and answers, with plenty of examples of good and bad practice from across the world of academia.
About the speaker
Mike Ryder is an interdisciplinary researcher at Lancaster University and co-organiser of the Embodying Fantastika conference. Away from his academic interests, Mike has over 10 years’ experience in marketing across sectors as diverse as healthcare, video games and higher education, where he spent several years providing digital marketing consultancy to academics seeking to raise their profile online.