An interactive session led by Lancaster University Careers Consultant, Elaine Davies. There will be plenty of chance to ask questions and discuss examples as the session goes on. For more details on the support offered at Lancaster, see: www.lancaster.ac.uk/careers.
Useful links and resources
- Euraxess – A British Council site providing access to research jobs, funding and advice.
- Find-a-Post-Doc – A specialist job board for opportunities in the UK and globally.
- PhD Jobs – A job board from jobs.ac.uk of vacancies for PhD candidates.
- Academic Jobs Vacancies – Features on Jobs.ac.uk, and has links to useful careers-related articles written by current academics.
- Research Gate – Share your research.
- This eBook provides useful information on career planning for PhD students.
- Beyond the PhD offers thought provoking personal and professional insights into life after a PhD for arts and humanities students
- The free resources section on jobs.ac.uk includes other eBooks, toolkits and careers videos to help you if you are currently looking for a new job or need advice for planning and developing your career.
- Researchers in Schools (RIS) is the world’s only teacher training programme exclusively for participants who have, or are completing, a doctorate in their subject.
- The Careers section of the Vitae website will help you think about your career choices, navigate recruitment processes and manage your career over the long term.
- Vitae provide a range of resources and information regarding your Professional Development.
- The UK Regional Hub of the Vitae program organises free postgraduate conferences and events that are a great opportunity to present your work to other postgraduates and to find out more about the career opportunities available.
- Register with Vitae to receive regular e-bulletins.