How to get online
1) If your home institution uses eduroam Wi-Fi, you should be able to connect to eduroam automatically. For connection instructions, visit lancaster.ac.uk/connect-eduroam
2) If you don’t have access to eduroam, you can connect to Lancaster’s Visitor Wi-Fi service instead.
To connect to Visitor Wi-Fi, look for LU-Visitor in your list of Wi-Fi networks and follow the instructions for visitors. The visitor Wi-Fi network is not secure and is only designed for temporary access. You will need to sign back in every 24 hours.
Hashtags: #fantastika #embodyingfantastika
Where to get food and drink
There are numerous food and drink outlets on campus including Costa Coffee, Greggs and Subway. You can find information on University-run outlets here: lancaster.ac.uk/eat/outlets/
If you have any questions on what’s available, and where to find the nearest coffee shop, feel free to speak to a member of the Fantastika team and we will be happy to help!
Buses and travel
The main bus stops on campus can be found at the University underpass, beneath Alexandra Square. Buses into Lancaster run every 5–10 minutes during the day, and there are electronic noticeboards near the bus stops displaying the latest travel information. For the most direct bus service, we recommend catching the 1/1A.
For more information, maps, and useful links, see lancaster.ac.uk/travel
Things to do in the evening
Each day after the conference, we will head into Lancaster for our regular conference socials. Do feel free to join us for as much, or as little as you like.
This year, there is no official ‘conference dinner’ as such, as the restaurants in Lancaster are unable to cater for such a large group. As such, the plan this year is to break off into smaller groups for dinner, so people can pick a restaurant to suit their tastes, and we will then reconvene at a mutually agreed location.
- On Thursday, we will host a pre-conference social at The White Cross from around 6.30pm.
- On Friday we will meet in the evening at The Sun Hotel and Bar, from around 6.30pm.
- On Saturday we will meet in the evening after the conference at Merchants 1688, around 6.30pm.
Other places to eat
- Blue Moon: Thai restaurant, very reliable and good food.
- Bombay Balti: Good quality Indian.
- Full House Noodle Bar: informal, cheap and high quality Chinese above Oriental supermarket.
- GoBurrito: Burritos and nachos, either take in or take away.
- Marco’s: Italian restaurant.
- Molly’s: American-Italian restaurant.
- Nami Sushi: Sushi and other Japanese cuisine.
- Plus your typical selection of other fast-food outlets including McDonald’s, KFC, Subway etc.